ThyroSense does not replace your prescription thyroid medication, but can help deal with the symptoms. It is a proven natural combination of important nutrients including L-tyrosine, ashwagandha, guggul, pantothenic acid, copper, manganese and iodine that can help enhance thyroid function. ThyroSense is recommended by health care practitioners for support of thyroid health in those with symptoms of low thyroid.
This product is not intended for use by those with hyperthyroid. Please consult your health care practitioner.
Recommended adult dose:
2–4 capsules daily. 2 capsules with breakfast and 2 capsules with lunch or as directed by a health care practitioner.
Each Capsule Contains
|Ashwagandha Extract (5:1) (Withania somnifera) (root)||75 mg|
|Guggul Extract (Commiphora wightii) (gum oleoresin) (2.5% guggulsterone)||60 mg|
|Pantothenic Acid (calcium d-pantothenate)||50 mg|
|Copper (gluconate)||250 mcg|
|Manganese (citrate)||250 mcg|
|Iodine (potassium iodide)||50 mcg|
|Selenium (selenomethionine)||25 mcg|
Vegetarian capsule (cellulose, purified water), microcrystalline cellulose, vegetable grade magnesium stearate (lubricant).
1. L-Tyrosine [Monograph]. Retrieved from http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/monoReq.do?id=131&lang=eng
2. Ashwagandha [Monograph]. Retrieved from http://webprod.hc-sc.gc.ca/nhpid-bdipsn/monoReq.do?id=35&lang=eng
3.Multi-Vitamin/Mineral – safety and efficacy of Pantothenic acid, Copper, Manganese, and Iodine [Monograph]. Retrieved from: http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/prodnatur/applications/licen-prod/monograph/multi_vitmin_suppl-eng.php
4. Panda S, Kar A. (2005) Guggulu (commiphora mukul) potentially ameliorates hypothyroidism in female mice. Phytother. Res,. 19:78-80.
5. Panda S, Kar A. (1999) Gugulu (Commiphora mukul) induces triiodothyronine production: possible involvement of lipid peroxidation. Life Sci., 65:PL137-41.
1. American Thyroid Association. Hypothyroidism. May 21, 2012. http://www.thyroid.org/what-is-hypothyroidism/
2. Nussey S and Whitehead S. The Thyroid Gland. IN: Endocrinology: An Integrated Approach. Oxford: BIOS Scientific Publishers; 2001.
3. Nyenwe EA and Dagogo-Jack S. Iodine Deficiency Disorders in the Iodine-Replete Environment. Am J Med Sci. 2009 January; 337(1): 37–40.
4. Mishra LC, Singh BB and Dagenais S. Scientific Basis for the Therapeutic Use of Withania somnifera (Ashwagandha): A Review. Altern Med Rev 2000; 5(4) 334-346.
5. Tripathi YB et al. Thyroid Stimulating Action of Z-Guggulsterone Obtained from Commiphora mukul. Planta Med. 1984 Feb;50(1):78-80.
6. Head KA and Kelly GS. Nutrients and Botanicals for the Treatment of Stress: Adrenal Fatigue, Neurotransmitter imbalance, Anxiety and Restless Sleep. Alt Med Rev. 2009; 14(2): 114-140.
7. Aihara K et al. Zinc, copper, manganese, and selenium metabolism in thyroid disease. Am J Clin Nuir 1984;40:26-35