- An economical “make your own” Flor•Essence® Dry Tea Blend
- A superior proprietary blend of 8 herbs including aqueous extracts of slippery elm bark, watercress and these organic herbs: burdock root, sheep sorrel, Turkish rhubarb root, kelp, blessed thistle and red clover
- Contains 91% organic ingredients
- All herbal ingredients are stringently tested for purity, quality and potency
- Third party certified by QAI (Quality Assurance International)
- Also available in a convenient ready-to-use tea concentrate
- Gentle and safe for daily use (see suggested use for detailed instructions)
Flor•Essence® Dry Herbal Cleanse combines burdock root, red clover and slippery elm bark in a synergistic 8-herb formula made famous by Rene Caisse, a humanitarian nurse from Bracebridge, Ontario. In the 1920s she learned of a traditional Ojibwa recipe that played an important role in their folk medicine.
Impressed with its effects, Rene Caisse devoted her life to researching and refining the formula and providing it to people who sought her help. Her work with this remarkable formula attracted the attention of Dr. Charles Brusch, former personal physician to U.S. President John F. Kennedy.
Together they perfected the formula, which was later popularized by Vancouver health educator and radio broadcaster Elaine Alexander. Her dedication to promoting this herbal tea prompted Dr. Brusch to pass the rights to this formula along to her.
In 1992, she authorized Flora to manufacture the tea as “Flor•Essence®” – the only version of this product on the market authorized to carry Elaine’s Alexander’s signature on the packaging to vouch for its historical authenticity.
During the past few decades more than 4 million bottles of Flor•Essence® have been consumed worldwide in over 25 countries.
This dry format version is very economical as it can be brewed at home and stored in the refrigerator. Use this concentrate the same way as the liquid blend. One box of Flor•Essence® Dry Herbal Cleanse is equal to six 500 ml bottles of liquid extract.