What is Ashwagandha root?
Ashwagandha has been used for over 3000 years to relieve stress, boost brain function, and help fight symptoms of stress and anxiety. Stress is known as the silent killer as it is not always visible, but over time it can wreak havoc on the body. Chronic stress leads to diseases such as mental illnesses, arthritis, and heart complications to name a few. Ashwagandha is regarded as one of the most important herbs in Ayurvedic Medicine – A form of alternative medicine based on Indian principles of natural healing.
Below are some of the uses or reasons people take Ashwagandha:
- Aging. Early research shows that taking ashwagandha root extract helps to improve well-being, sleep quality, and mental alertness by small to moderate amounts in people aged 65-80 years.
- Athletic performance. Some research shows that taking ashwagandha helps with how much oxygen the body can use during exercise.
- There is some evidence that ashwagandha might reduce blood sugar levels in people with diabetes.
- A type of persistent anxiety marked by exaggerated worry and tension (generalized anxiety disorder or GAD). Some early clinical research shows that taking ashwagandha can reduce some anxiety disorders.
- High Cholesterol. There is some evidence that ashwagandha might reduce cholesterol levels in patients with high cholesterol.
- Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism). People with underactive thyroid have high blood levels of a hormone called (thyroid-stimulating hormone TSH). People with an underactive thyroid can also have low levels of thyroid hormone. Taking ashwagandha seems to lower TSH and increase thyroid hormone levels in people with a mild form of underactive thyroid. This is why you see this herb in ThyroSense and other Thyroid Formulas.
- Some research shows that taking ashwagandha might help people sleep better.
- Conditions in a man that prevent him from getting a woman pregnant within a year of trying to conceive. Some early research shows that ashwagandha might improve sperm quality and sperm count in infertile men.
- A type of anxiety marked by recurrent thoughts and repetitive behaviors (obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD). Early research shows that ashwagandha root extract might reduce symptoms of OCD when taken with prescribed medications for 6 weeks.
- Sexual problems that prevent satisfaction during sexual activity. Early research shows that taking ashwagandha extract daily for 8 weeks along with receiving counseling increases interest in sex and sexual satisfaction in adult women with sexual dysfunction better than counseling alone.
- Attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Ashwagandha can help those with ADHD to calm and ease the mind. Helpful for people who have trouble with transition or switching their focus from one task to another.
Each Capsule of Alive Vitamins Ashwagandha root contains medicinal Ingredient:
Ashwagandha root ……………………………………………………………………………………………………….500mg
Standardized to 5:1, 2.5% withanoides (withania somnifera root, 2,500mg Dry)
Contains NO: corn, dairy, eggs, animal, fish, shellfish, gluten, soy, wheat, yeast, or pork.
Recommended adult dose: Take 1 vegetarian capsule 1-2 times per day or as directed by a health care practitioner
Cautions & Warnings: Avoid taking with alcohol or products with sedative properties. Consult a health care practitioner if sleeplessness persists for 4 weeks and prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Keep out of reach of children
DISCLAIMER – Note, the information contained in this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and is not meant to replace the advice of a qualified healthcare professional or practitioner. The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional.